As a agency we are often asked for Pro Bono work. We are small, we have limited resources, but we want to help non-for-profits and entrepreneurial startups.
We are also approached frequently by college students and recent grads wanting jobs as interns, and while we want to help them achieve their career goals, assigning them to client work is something that we can’t do.
So what can we do? We combine these two needs and they solve each other. Interns doing awesome creative work for non-for-profits under the supervision of Spoke’s partners. Interns gaining real life experience on real projects. In corporate speak, this is what you call a win-win.
Start by learning more about Sprockets
- A feature in AdSaint about the 2011 Sprockets program
- Jay Yerxa, writes about his internship
- Post from Emily Steinhauser, Sprocket from 2010
I want to be an intern
Great, we are hiring for two positions, a designer and an illustrator. Interns will work directly with the partners and receive 1:1 direction and support for the duration of the project.
The interns will have a flexible full time schedule and the position is paid.
DESIGN/ILLUSTRATOR INTERN REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
- Interns should have strong design and / or illustration skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Enrolled or a graduate of a graphic design program
- A desire to work in the marketing / advertising field
- Their own computer